Chess4kids is a chess school, mainly for children in the Zurich area. Besides chess classes in our own course centers we offer projects and classes for schools and kindergarden.
What do we offer and how can we implement chess in your school?
At Chess4kids we use a modern approach of teaching chess with lots of fun an creativity. Besides teaching chess with a regular chess board and chess pieces our children can play the role of the chess pieces in a living chess situation and feel the quality of the chess piece and learn with all senses what it is about.
We offer a wide selection of chess teaching that can be used as enrichment in your daily school program:
Chess during regular school lessons:
- Chess as school lesson with regular classes and periodical test and certificates (we deliver all material for the children and teacher), i.e. as afternoon class
- Chess instead mathematics (some schools reokace one math lesson by one chess lesson per week)
- Chess and art (we can implement chess projects in art classes, i.e. create chess sets out of clay, fimo etc. or carve chess pieces out of soa stone).
- Chess and Sports (we organize different exercise areas where we combine exercise with chess activities)
- Chess for highly talented children
- short or longer chess projects (from daily to semester projects, we adapt to your needs)
For the school:
- We organize Chess Olympics with medals/trophies etc.
- Tournament organization
- School Event Participation with fun chess related activities, also for beginners
- for teachers that already teach chess or would like to teach chess we can organize a 2 day diploma class for school chess incl. Teaching Material and Tool box for their classroom
- Supervision for teachers and schools regarding the implementation o chess classes
For the school administration:
- Support regarding sourcing of best chess material, i.e. chess boards and pieces, teaching material, tool box, teaching DVDs etc.
Could we convince you about possible benefits for your school? Would you like to get in touch with us for a free trial lesson at your school?
Just contact us! We are looking forward to it.